Saturday, April 23, 2011

Christ is Risen!



Several years ago my wife and I visited Jerusalem and one of the highlights was visiting the garden tomb and having communion with our tour group in that setting.  Is this the actual tomb where Jesus’ body was laid? No one knows for sure.  One thing we who are disciples of Christ are sure of is that the tomb (where ever it was) was empty on that first Easter morning.  It is the reality of the empty tomb, because Christ is risen, that fills our hearts with hope and anticipation.  Some might wonder how we can be so sure that the tomb was empty.  We believe Christ is alive, not because we have seen an empty tomb…but like the only hymn says; “you ask me how I know he lives, he lives within my heart”.  Christ lives within our hearts filling us with God’s love and an eternal hope! 

1 comment: