Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter’s Coming



Maybe it’s because God loves and cares for us that the days are shorter in the winter months so we can stay inside where it is warm and cozy.  I know winter is not officially here, but it sure feels like it.  The older I get the more I’d rather endure hot summers than bone cold winters.  I can surely understand why many folks, affectionately called snowbirds, go south before winter hits.  In the 55th Psalm, the psalmist writes; “Oh, that I had wings like a dove; then I would fly away and rest!”  The psalmist is not looking to fly away from the bitter cold of winter but from his many troubles.  Wow, wouldn't that be great if we could do that?  Maybe we can.  Later in that same Psalm he writes; “Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you…”
  

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture dad it looks very beautiful well done!

    ReplyDelete